Once you use these you'll wonder why you didn't make the change sooner!
Lunette are a highly respected manufacturer of Menstrual Cups, who make two different cups from quality health approved, soft, medical grade silicon which is BPA and chemical free.
90% of user use this one, the model 1. It is a smaller and softer and therefore more comfortable but it may require emptying a little more often.
All Lunette menstrual cups give you a comfortable, safe, odorless and eco-friendly period for up to 12 hours a day.
Easy to keep clean and lasting for several years, this product basically pays for itself after just 3 months! It’s produced with the highest standards, testing and love. Each Lunette menstrual cup comes with a matching pouch (so you can keep it with you for whenever you need) and a handy guide.
Lunette Model Guide click HERE:
- Lunette Cup Model 1 is made of softer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 2.
- The diameter is 41 mm by 47 mm.
- The stem measures 25 mm.
- The volume of the cup is 25 ml.
- Measuring lines: 5ml and 13.5ml.
- Made of firmer silicone than Lunette Cup Model 1.
- Diameter is 46 mm by 52 mm.
- The stem measures 20 mm.
- The volume of the cup is 30 ml.
- Measuring lines: 7.5ml and 15ml.
Materials and Environment:
Package is made from cardboard and a plant cellulose based clear viewing window (to stop people from touching the menstrual cup in the shop).
The cup itself is made from medical grade silicone. It lasts a long time which is necessary to perform it's job but it will also take a very long time to break down in landfill. However silicone such as this, from reputable manufacturers has no toxic or damaging components so once in landfill it will not cause any further harm.
It is supplied with a small polyester pouch (which isn't ldeal) but overall it's a huge waste saving compared to using tampons and pads.
End of life:
The cardboard box goes in with your recycling waste (first remove the clear PLA window). Make sure that the clear PLA window goes into landfill as these plant based, biodegradable materials can take a long time to break down so we don't want them left around anywhere where they could get into waterways.
The silicone cup is to be disposed of in with your landfill waste.
The polyester bag is also to be disposed of with your landfill waste.
Whats great about this product:
Clean, safe and re-usable many times. Saves you money while reducing your waste.
Your order will be packaged in plastic-free, all plant-based materials. Packaging materials will depending on the size and weight of your order.
- Kraft paper bag, sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Cardboard box sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Recycled cardboard sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Cotton bag, sewn shut (if you carefully unpick the stitching then you'll be receiving a free re-usable cotton tote bag!).