Make your own Beeswax Wraps at home with this DIY starter kit!
This kit contains:
- 40g block of wax mix (beeswax, tree resin and jojoba oil)
- 2 pre-cut cotton squares with pinked edges to avoid fraying (28cm x 28cm and 20cm x 20cm)
- Easy to follow instructions on how to transform your cotton into Beeswax Wraps
Beeswax wraps can be reused many times over if treated with care. Simply wipe with a damp soapy cloth to remove mess or dirt if necessary and allow to air dry before using again.
Ideal for wrapping cheese, pieces of fruit and vegetables, sandwiches, covering bowls, plates and casserole dishes. Beeswax wraps tend to keep veggies fresher than plastic as food doesn't gather moisture or sweat in the wraps.
Beeswax wraps will adhere to themselves, a bowl or dish and mould to a shape with the heat of your hands - give the package a little hug before you put it in the fridge! If there is not enough overlap for the wrap to stick to itself over a bowl, end of a block of cheese etc, just pop an elastic band over it to secure it in place.
NOT suitable for direct contact with raw meat, fish or chicken, but CAN be used to cover bowls containing these foods for example when marinating.
End of life:
If no longer usable put your wraps into your compost bin and they will biodegrade.
Whats great about this product:
The solution to keeping food fresher for longer in your refrigerator!! Perfect for people who want an hands-on experience and for learning how to make food wraps at the same time as reducing waste.
Your order will be packaged in plastic-free, all plant-based materials. Packaging materials will depending on the size and weight of your order:
- Kraft paper bag, sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Cardboard box sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Recycled cardboard sealed with Kraft Tape.
- Cotton bag, sewn shut (if you carefully unpick the stitching then you'll be receiving a free re-usable cotton tote bag!).